You can create and deliver ceremonies and celebrations with our Successful Civil Celebrant course
Train to become a celebrant and help clients mark special and important occasions at the happiest and more difficult times of their lives.
Enrol from £55
For advice or to enrol, please call 01409 220 415
Our Successful Civil Celebrant course is suitable for beginners and will give you the important knowledge and critical skills needed to plan celebrations and ceremonies on behalf of clients.
You will learn how to work with clients and create and carry out a range of events, from weddings, renewal of vows and naming ceremonies, to civil partnerships, memorials and funeral services. You will explore the role in depth, the history and origins of Civil Celebrancy and how it has grown.
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol so you can start as soon as you want. You can then enjoy your course at your own pace, studying when it suits you and where itís most comfortable. This gives you the freedom to learn around your existing job, family or other commitments or location (including overseas).
Course materials have been developed by experts and are clear and straightforward so your studying is easy and enjoyable.
All coursework assignments are included within your course. As you complete each assignment, simply send it to your tutor who will mark and return it along with valuable constructive feedback to help progress your skills further. (You can also contact your tutor or the support team for help at any point during your studies.) The remaining course materials will be sent to you as each assignment is completed.
Where required, you will demonstrate your learning by submitting recorded practical sessions (for example, a video of your session recorded on mobile phone or tablet) to show your competence in interviewing clients and delivering ceremonies and services in a professional, appropriate manner.
Successfully complete your assignments to be awarded the Regent Academy Diploma and qualify to be awarded our City & Guilds Successful Civil Celebrant Certificate*.
Successfully complete this course to become a practising Civil Celebrant and you could start a career creating and delivering personalised civil ceremonies on behalf of your clients, such as:
- Renewal of Vows
- Civil Partnerships
- Commitment Ceremonies
- Naming Ceremonies
- Funeral Services
- Memorial Services
For the marriage to be legally binding, your clients will need to need to be legally married at a registry office (usually at a fraction of the cost for a registrant to attend a venue). Using a wedding celebrant gives your client the flexibility to have the service they want without the usual restrictions of a more traditional ceremony.
This course includes:
- Understanding Professional Civil Celebrancy in the UK
- Health and Safety Considerations for Civil Celebrants
- Valuing Equality and Diversity
- Understanding Celebratory Civil Ceremonies in the UK
- Planning and Delivering Celebratory Civil Ceremonies in the UK
- Understanding the UK Funeral Industry
- Working with the Bereaved
- Creating and Conducting a Civil Funeral Service
This course includes:
- All course study materials
- Assignments which build into your own portfolio
- Support when you need it from experienced tutors
- Help from our student support team (Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm)
Regent Academy Diploma
This can be a highly sought-after addition to your CV and powerfully showcase your skills to others.
City & Guilds accredited programme
You will also qualify to be awarded our City & Guilds Successful Civil Celebrant Certificate* when you successfully complete this course.
* Students wishing to achieve the City & Guilds Accredited Programme in our Successful Civil Celebrant course are required to register (registration fee included in course price) - there are no extra assignments to complete. City & Guilds registration is not compulsory.
- We are passionate about your interests
- Study when and where you wish
- 25+ yearsí experience in creative courses
- 90,000+ people enrolled
- 100% money back guarantee*
- Achieve the success you want
- Support from friendly tutors
- Start as soon as you enrol
- No previous experience/knowledge required
- Reputable college with respected accreditations
- Avoid the mistakes of unskilled people
* Terms apply. Please contact us for details.
There are 3 ways you can enrol
- Pay in one sum of £495 and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of £55 now, then 10 instalments of £44
Alternatively, call Freephone 0800 378 281